Boards & Governance Groups
Being a Trustee or member of a not for profit Board is one of the most challenging roles in the sector. You're there because you care. It might be the 'view from the top' but it carries most of the legal responsibility and it's more often than not voluntary.
Whether you're looking to get a clearer understanding of your various roles, sharpen your skills as Chair, recruit new members, or work more effectively with the Director of your organisation, we're here to help you develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to lead and create change.
services for boards from lead include...
- Coaching & mentoring
- Facilitation of key board meetings
- Recruiting new members
- Getting the most out of your regular meetings
- Effective chairing
- Understanding roles and developing Board job descriptions
- Developing organisational policies
- Managing risk
- Strategic Planning: Determine or review your mission, vision and values; Interrogate your reality; Analyse the future environment; Determine strategy and key goals for the short, medium or long term; and Develop action plans to move towards goals and outcomes.
training workshops for governance boards
Need to develop skills and confidence on a governance level? Got new members on the Board and want to get them on the same page? Check out our 2018 Training Calendar for our specialised courses: Governance Master Classes and The Non profit Board 101.
We also provide customised training workshops on governance, the role of the Board, legal responsibilities, the governance management divide, understanding finances, finding better board members and making the most of meetings.